My daughter was invited by her best friend to go with her to Disneyland for her friend’s birthday this year. I wanted to do something to make the day extra special for them and decided that personalized Disney shirts would be perfect. They were a breeze to make and I am in love with how adorable they turned out! I was able to make a shirt for my daughter, her best friend, and her friend’s mom all in about 15 minutes. Thank goodness they were so quick and easy to make because I had been out of town on a business trip and had to make them the night before her birthday celebration. Keep reading for the easy to follow directions to make your own Personalized Disney Shirts.
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on one of the links and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission. Doing so will not increase the cost of any purchase and does not influence my opinion.
- Cricut (If you don’t have one, you can purchase the Iron on from my Etsy Shop)
- Heat Transfer Vinyl in 2-3 different colors (I used black, pink and silver glitter on this project)
- Iron + Ironing Surface
Let’s Make It!
- It’s always a good idea to pre-wash your shirt (but truthfully, I’m a busy mom and didn’t do this! lol. It was fine)
2. If you have a Cricut: Access + Personalize the Design. (I’m sharing my Cricut Craft Room Project File with you to make this even easier!) Be sure to place your HTV plastic side down on your mat. Cut and weed your design.
3. If you don’t have a Cricut, you can Order your personalized design from my Etsy shop.
4. Preheat your iron to it’s hottest setting
5. Layout your design on your shirt.
6. Remove the name and bow layer and set them to the side.Begin with the Mickey layer
7. Begin with the Mickey layer and press the design for 10-15 seconds.
8. Allow the plastic backing to cool before removing.
9. Place the bow layer where you would like it. VERY IMPORTANT – Be sure to use a pressing cloth for this layer to avoid placing the iron directly on the Mickey layer.
10. Repeat the process with the name layer.
And that’s it! The entire process should only take you about 10 – 15 minutes (unless you’re still learning how to use your Cricut machine – then give yourself a little bit of extra time). You can have these adorable personalized Mickey shirts for your trip to one of the parks, or just because they are so darn cute!
I hope you have enjoyed this post and the fast, easy, and really cute Personalized Mickey Shirts! Be sure to stay connected to all of the great ideas from The Crafty Organized Mom by signing up for updates. When you do, you’ll also grab a free copy of our Family Meeting Guide + Meeting Printable!